Fireminds Data CentrE - Bermuda
The Fireminds Bermuda data centre is located at Ideation House, Hamilton. This Tier 3 designed facility include the following features:
- UPS battery & Generator backup
- Redundant HVAC
- Fire suppression systems
- Security monitoring
- 24 x 7 environment monitoring
- Redundant telecoms utilizing networks from Logic, with access to Quantum & BTC
- Security escorted access to data center
- Locked cabinets
- On-site Cloud platform managed by Fireminds
- Fault redundant 60TB NetApp SAN on-site with backup SAN at Fireminds HQ
- Backup SIP trunks via off-island provider
- Certified support via Elastix engineers
- Qualified engineers on-island
- SOC2 Audited Facility
The Fireminds data centre is the hub for all telecommunication in Ideation House and features 20 racks.
Fireminds Data Centre - Canada
Fireminds hosts its Canada based Cloud Computing environment in the Hibernia carrier class facility. This facility provides high-availability secure hosting for mission critical applications and business continuity infrastructure. The Halifax facility is located at 132 Ketch Harbour Road in Herring Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada. The facility is located 16 kilometres from downtown Halifax.
The site is cleared around the building to maintain a firebreak from the surrounding terrain. The building and site itself is designed and situated in such a manner as to effectively eliminate any potential threats from flooding. There are diverse entrances into the building for the submarine and terrestrial cables. The facility is the landing point for the Segment A, Segment C/D and Segment E Hibernia Atlantic subsea fibre optic cables.
The Halifax Facility is connected on the terrestrial side through an underground conduit system and a separate overhead along the roadway towards Halifax along 2 different routes. A third 24 fibre overhead cable is also brought into the facility. The fibre feeds are from three (3) separate carriers.
The building itself is about 2,300 sq meters (24,500 sq ft) in size. It contains equipment rooms in the main section of the building with an office and administrative area attached to the northeast side of the facility.
The facility features:
- Dedicated Ethernet at all speeds, including 10G LanPhy, which allows for 10.3125 gigabits of capacity
- The first 40G provider over a subsea span
- Short-term, 12 month trans-Atlantic contracts
- Fixed and very low "on ring" pricing from any point A to point B
- Direct access into international facilities, where market pressures ensure lowest cost circuits and onward fiber routes
- 24/7/365 manned NOCs in Boston and Dublin