We are seeking an Information Technology Consultant in Bermuda to provide Level 2 IT Technical Support.
• Provide Level 2 Technical Support incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware, including VoIP systems.
• Respond to customer queries either in person, over the phone or by email.
• Instruct users on the proper use of the technology by using a remote desktop connection.
• Ask questions and walk customer through problem-solving process.
• Install, configure, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Provide support, testing and maintenance of hosted services including software, hardware and networking.
• Provide technical support and maintenance for Data Center services.
• Support Project Managers in the provisioning and implementation of services.
• Support Pre-Sales Engineers and Product Development Team in the testing of new services or products.
• Identifying potential new customers and/or business opportunities in existing clients by building and maintaining excellent customer relationships.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve issues when needed and provide conclusions.
• Resolve technical problems related to Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), Hosted PBX services, and other systems.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved and customer is happy.
• Flag incidents that could potentially become problems and investigate root cause.
• Perform periodic inventory of hardware and software as required.
• Perform migrations of services when required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology, Software Development or relevant area.
• Knowledge of network protocols, network analysis tools, and ability to perform analysis of associated network logs.
• Basic knowledge in VOIP/Hosted PBX systems. • Basic knowledge of Cloud Services, Office 365, Azure, AWS, etc.
• Ability to solve complex issues through deductive reasoning and resourcefulness.
• Strong understanding of cloud services and software development.
• Understanding of network architecture, and experience in performing network operations.
• Working knowledge of information technology, systems implementation and integration and service delivery.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with employees/customers at all levels.
• Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
• Experience with Service Levels and Performance Indicators.
• Self-starter with strong technical skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
• Must be willing to work after-hours, weekends, be on call, and travel as needed.
• Good knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
• Displays a high-level of enthusiasm for work, professional conduct, ethics and works well in a team environment.
• Must demonstrate an ability to multitask and change directives at short notice.